As lead single “You Time” knocks on the door of the Top 5 on the Country Radio charts, Scotty McCreery shares another new song, “Carolina To Me,” from his upcoming highly anticipated album Same Truck, set for release Sept. 17. Listen to “Carolina To Me” HERE and pre-order/pre-save Same Truck HERE.
Written with Taylor Phillips and Jeremy Bussey, “Carolina To Me” is a reflection of McCreery’s love for his home state and his deep faith. “To me, North Carolina is just a little piece of Heaven on Earth, and I hope when I get to Heaven, there’s a little bit of North Carolina in it,” the Garner, N.C. native shares.
You think pearly gates
You think streets of gold
And I think about them long leaf pines lined on Tobacco Road
You think skies of blue
You think angels’ wings
I think grandpa on an old creek bank and a Zebco 33
We all got our own opinions
We all believe what we believe
But everything that’s Heaven to you
Is Carolina to me
McCreery will make his debut appearance on “Talk Shop Live” on Monday, Aug. 30 at 8pm ET (7pm CT) where he will perform several songs from the new album and answer questions from viewers. Fans can pre-order signed copies of Same Truck and hear his behind-the-scenes stories of making the album.
A limited edition, alternate cover for the album is also available exclusively at McCreery’s online store, along with Same Truck-themed merchandise and more.
This Tuesday, Aug. 31, McCreery will return to the Grand Ole Opry stage, performing fan-favorites from the historic circle. Tickets are available at opry.com or listen to the broadcast on WSM Radio.
Today’s release follows title track “Same Truck,” co-written with Ashley Gorley, Zack Crowell and Taylor Phillips, which landed on ET’s “New Music Releases” and found praise from MusicRow as “celebratory,” while “the ringing guitars back an anthemic lyric of unity and brotherhood…Well written and performed with elan.”
Once again produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Aaron Eshuis, the team who produced his previous project (the RIAA Gold certified Seasons Change), Same Truck is a reflection of where McCreery is in life now as a 27 year old man married to the love of his life for three years and who is also celebrating his 10th year as an entertainer.
Released in 2018, Seasons Change debuted at No.1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart and contained three consecutive No. 1 hits: the Double RIAA Platinum certified “Five More Minutes,” Platinum certified “This is It,” and Gold certified “In Between.”
In the midst of his You Time Tour, McCreery has been performing several songs from the new album in concert. “You never know how new songs are going to go over in the live show, but our audiences sure seem to enjoy them from the reaction we’re receiving,” said the North Carolina native. He’s also been direct support on select tour dates with Old Dominion.
Track list for Same Truck:
- Same Truck (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
- You Time (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
- It Matters To Her (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
- Damn Strait (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
- It’ll Grow On Ya (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
- The Waiter (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
- Why You Gotta Be Like That (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
- Home (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
- Carolina To Me (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
- Small Town Girl (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
- That Kind of Fire (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
- How Ya Doin’ Up There (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)