On the heels of three straight weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart with his RIAA Gold-certified hit song “Damn Strait” and the recent launch of his new single “It Matters to Her,” which was the second most added song at country radio this week, Triple Tigers recording artist Scotty McCreery announces the release of Same Truck: The Deluxe Album coming Nov. 18 on vinyl, CD and digital formats. Fans can listen to “Nothin’ Right,” one of six new tracks featured on the deluxe album, today.
“We had more songs I loved ready for the original release of Same Truck than we could put on that album, so I am pumped that Triple Tigers asked me to do a Deluxe Edition where I could add six more songs,” said McCreery. “We’ve also had a lot of requests for a vinyl version of Same Truck over the last year, so I’m excited we can offer that option as well.”
Same Truck: The Deluxe Album was produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells, and Aaron Eshuis. The project features 18 songs including the six new tracks: “Falling for a Stranger” written by Eshuis, Travis Wood, and Hannah Ellis; “Here and Ready” by Abe Stoklasa, Sarah Buxton, and Mikey Reeves; “Nothin’ Right” written by McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, Jared Mullins, and James McNair; “On It” written by McCreery, Jessi Alexander, Jonathan Singleton, and Rogers; “Live a Little” written by McCreery, Eshuis, and Blake Chaffin; and “Small Town Story” written by McCreery, Ashley Gorley, and Zach Crowell.
“On It” reunites McCreery with Alexander, Singleton, and Rogers - the writing team responsible for his Gold-certified 2020 No. 1 hit “In Between” from his No. 1 album Seasons Change. “Small Town Story” finds McCreery again joining with Gorley and Crowell, with whom he also wrote his Platinum-certified Top 10 hit “See You Tonight” from 2013.
“We’re performing ‘Nothin’ Right’ in the live shows right now and it always gets a great response,” said McCreery. “Don’t be surprised if a few more of the bonus tracks make their way into our concerts soon.”
Listen to “Nothin’ Right” HERE.
Pre-order/Pre-save Same Truck: The Deluxe Album HERE
Pre-order signed vinyl copies of Same Truck: The Deluxe Album HERE
“Damn Strait” was McCreery’s fifth consecutive No.1 hit, following the Gold certified singles “You Time” and “In Between,” the Platinum-certified “This Is It,” and the Double Platinum certified “Five More Minutes.” Upon the song’s release, Rolling Stone named it a “Pick of the Week” calling it “clever songwriting, delivered by one of the genres’ best King George disciples,” while Billboard praises, “Another ace is the clever track ‘Damn Strait,’ a rare outside cut on the project, penned by Trent Tomlinson and Jim Collins, in which McCreery name checks several of King George’s greatest hits.” Taste of Country recently named it “one of the top 10 country songs of 2022 so far.”
Both “Damn Strait” and “You Time,” as well as his new single “It Matters to Her” written by McCreery, Rhett Akins, and Lee Thomas Miller, are featured on Same Truck which was released in late 2021. The Garner, North Carolina native shifted his perspective to reflect on the last decade of his career and life with wife Gabi and dog Moose, with Tennessean sharing, “McCreery walks a sonic tightrope that leans into his country influences while not abandoning modern Music Row hitmaking,” while Sounds Like Nashville observed, “those songs ended up showing more maturity than ever, and exploring everything from the common bonds his fans share to the eternal flame of romance.”McCreery and his wife Gabi announced earlier this summer in People that they are expecting their first child, a boy, to be born in early November.
Same Truck: The Deluxe Album Track Listing:
- Same Truck (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
- You Time (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
- It Matters To Her (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
- Damn Strait (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
- It’ll Grow On Ya (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
- The Waiter (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
- Why You Gotta Be Like That (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
- Home (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
- Carolina To Me (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
- Small Town Girl (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
- That Kind of Fire (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
- How Ya Doin’ Up There (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)
Plus six new tracks:
- Falling for a Stranger (Aaron Eshuis, Travis Wood, and Hannah Ellis)
- Here and Ready (Abe Stoklasa, Sarah Buxton, and Mikey Reeves)
- Nothin’ Right (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, Jared Mullins, and James McNair)
- On It (Scotty McCreery, Jessi Alexander, Jonathan Singleton, and Frank Rogers)
- Live a Little (Scotty McCreery, Aaron Eshuis, and Blake Chaffin)
- Small Town Story (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, and Zach Crowell)
McCreery has been touring all summer, both on his own as well as direct support to Brooks & Dunn, and Brad Paisley at select shows. He is direct support to Jason Aldean tonight in Saratoga Springs, NY, and will perform a sold-out show at the historic Gruene Hall in New Braunfels, TX, site of his “Damn Strait” music video, next Friday, Sept. 23.