SCOTTY McCREERY RECEIVES CAROLINA BEACH MUSIC AWARD NOMINATION FOR NATIONAL DANCE/SHAG SONG OF THE YEAR FOR “BAREFOOTIN’”
North Carolina-native Scotty McCreery wrote the song “Barefootin’” with David Lee Murphy and Frank Rogers as a tribute to the regional Beach Music he grew up listening to that is performed up and down the Southeast coast of the United States. The song, which recently hit No. 1 on the Beach Music Top 40 Chart even though it has not been released as an official single has just been nominated forNational Dance/Shag Song of the Year at the 2018 Carolina Beach Music Awards. The song is a featured track on McCreery’s current album Seasons Change.
“This is incredible,” said a stunned McCreery. “We wrote the song as a fun tribute to one of my favorite genres of music. I never expected it to be recognized with a Carolina Beach Music Award nomination. I’m thrilled that people are really enjoying the song and thankful for the nomination.”
The singer/songwriter is currently rising up the country music singles charts with his hit “This is It,” the second single from Seasons Change. The song, which McCreery wrote with Rogers and Aaron Eshuis, is currently at No. 29 on both the Mediabase/Country Aircheck Country Singles Chart and theBillboard Country Airplay Chart. The music video for “This is It,” directed by Jeff Ray and filmed at McCreery’s wedding, has earned more than 13 million views in just over two months and has topped the GAC Top 20.
His previous hit, the Platinum-certified No. 1 song “Five More Minutes” which he co-wrote with Rogers and Monty Criswell, was recently voted “One of 2018’s Ten Songs I Wish I’d Written” by the professional membership of the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI).
The Carolina Beach Music Awards are held on Sunday, November 11, 2018 at the Alabama Theater in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. For more information, visit www.cammy.org.
SCOTTY JOINS “NASHVILLE HOUSE CONCERTS” LINEUP FOR OCTOBER 4, 2018
Scotty will perform as part of the “Nashville House Concerts” at War Memorial Auditorium in Nashville on October 4, 2018. The show, hosted by Storme Warren, also features performances from The Warren Brothers, The Shindellas, and legendary singer/songwriters Paul Overstreet and Even Stevens. The Nashville House Concerts are a monthly event in Music City and Scotty is looking forward to being part of the October gathering. Get your tickets here: https://bit.ly/2oO3Yyz
Scotty McCreery Shags His Way To No. 1 On The Beach Music Top 40 Chart With “Barefootin’”
North Carolina-native Scotty McCreery has listened to the regional Beach Music of the Carolinas since he was a child. Now he’s made his own contribution to the genre as his song“Barefootin’” reaches the No. 1 position on the Beach Music Top 40 Chart this week.
The ACM, BMI and CMT Award winner wrote the song with David Lee Murphy and Frank Rogers last year. He told both writers when they sat down that day that he really wanted to create a Beach Music song in the shag dance style (one of Beach Music’s main dances) for his album Seasons Change. The song was produced by Rogers, Derek Wells, and Aaron Eshuis.
“This is awesome news about ‘Barefootin’!’” said McCreery. “That is one of my favorite songs on Seasons Change. It reminds me of all the great times I’ve had at the beach through the years with friends and family. This song was not released as a single or promoted in any way, so this is a huge surprise. I’m so glad people have discovered the song and are digging it. Gabi and I have talked about taking classes to learn how to do The Shag correctly. Maybe we’ll actually do that now.”
For McCreery, writing this song with one of his favorite artists was already a big accomplishment. “Getting to write with David Lee Murphy was a bucket list item for me. His ‘Dust on the Bottle’ is one of my favorite songs of all time, and he’s just a great guy. Frank and I introduced him to Beach Music that day and we had a blast.”
Always the romantic whether he’s singing about “some slow dancing and some romancing, shaggin’ in the sand” or “if there ever was a time for a perfect kiss, this is it,” McCreery continues to rise up the country music charts with his current single “This is It.” The song, which he co-wrote with Rogers and Eshuis two weeks before he proposed to his longtime girlfriend (now, wife) Gabi, is currently at No. 36 on the Mediabase/Country Aircheck chart. It is the follow up to his No. 1, Platinum-certified smash hit “Five More Minutes.” The music video for “This is It,” directed by Jeff Ray and filmed entirely at McCreery’s wedding, has already topped the “GAC Top 20 Playlist” and earned more than 8.6 million views in little over a month since its release.
McCREERY IN THE MEDIA
Scotty’s been showing up a lot in the news in the last couple of weeks as he discusses his current tour dates, his upcoming Seasons Change Tour, his wedding, and more. Here’s some recent stories:
- ·The Boot (Aug. 30, 2018) - http://theboot.com/scotty-mccreery-jimmie-allen-seasons-change-tour/
- ·The Boot (Aug. 30, 2018) - http://theboot.com/scotty-mccreery-gabi-dugal-onstage-dance-kiss/
- ·Bureau County Republican (Aug. 24, 2018) - http://www.bcrnews.com/2018/08/24/mccreery-clearly-a-rising-star/a16g0ar/
- ·Digital Journal (Aug. 23, 2018) - http://www.digitaljournal.com/entertainment/music/scotty-mccreery-announces-seasons-change-tour-to-play-new-york/article/530193
- ·Frederick News Post (Aug. 29, 2018) - https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/arts_and_entertainment/music/three-chords-and-the-truth-scotty-mccreery-s-world-is/article_5291afe1-3050-562e-af62-01e7f29d0fce.html
- ·News & Observer (Aug. 17, 2018) - https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/article216877895.html
- ·Pop Culture (Aug. 29, 2018) - https://popculture.com/country-music/2018/08/29/scotty-mccreery-discusses-blessing-curse-success-american-idol/
- ·Taste of Country (Aug. 30, 2018) - http://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreery-gabi-dugal-babies/
- ·Taste of Country (Aug. 31, 2018) - http://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreery-fan-wedding-present/?trackback=twitter_mobile
- ·Taste of Country (Aug. 31, 2018) - http://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreerys-jimmie-allen-tour-american-idol/
- ·Wicked Local (Aug. 8, 2018) - http://www.wickedlocal.com/entertainmentlife/20180808/music-two-chances-to-see-country-star-scotty-mccreery
- ·WSIX The Big 98 (Aug. 31, 2018) - https://thebig98.iheart.com/featured/amy-paige/content/2018-08-31-scotty-mccreery-and-his-wife-dancin-and-kissin-on-stage/
TODAY.COM: McCREERY USES PERSONAL WEDDING FOOTAGE FOR SWEET MUSIC VIDEO
Did you see the Today Show’s online story about Scotty’s “This is It” music video and his wedding to Gabi? Read it here.
“BAREFOOTIN’” IS THE NO. 1 SONG ON THE BEACH THIS WEEK
Scotty’s “Barefootin’” just reached No. 1 on the Beach Music Top 40 Chart. What a way to wind down the summer!